Immploy's Mentorship program connects internationally trained individuals with local mentors to gain a better understanding of the current job market in their field or occupation; establish valuable networking contacts; and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
How does the program work?
- Internationally Trained Individuals who could benefit from being matched with a mentor are referred from program partner agencies (including WIL) after successfully completing an employment preparation program
- A program orientation training session is provided outlining the roles and expectations of participants
- An initial “get to know you” event is sponsored by the program for potential mentors and mentees to decide if both parties feel the match would be successful
- When the mentor and mentee agree to participate, they negotiate an agreement (Mentor Mentee Agreement ) to ensure an understanding of the program outcomes for both parties
- Participants agree to spend several hours a month on mentoring activities over a 4 to 6 month period
- The Program Coordinator is available to provide ongoing support and guidance, and will provide resources during the orientation including ideas on different activities to consider to enhance the mentorship experience
For more information contact Nelida Forero, Project Coordinator at 519-663-0774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org