WIL is offering a new 1-week Computer Literacy Workshop beginning October 9, 2012. This workshop has been designed for immigrant clientele with little or no previous experience working with computers. The workshop involves 25 hours (one full week) of class time (Monday to Friday 9:30am to 3:00pm).
Day 1: Computer Basics
• Brief History of Computers, Identifying the parts of a computer, Mouse and Keyboard, Interacting with Operating Systems
Day 2: Computer Vocabulary & Using Windows
• Quiz, Review, Question Period, Computer Vocabulary, Using Microsoft Windows, Windows Explorer, Folders & Files, Copying and Pasting
Day 3: Internet & Email
• Quiz, Review, Question Period, Internet, Email, Attachments, Online Forms, Basic Safety
Day 4: Word Processing, Creating, Saving and Printing Files
• Quiz, Review, Question Period, MS Word, Creating & Saving Documents, Printing
Day 5: Using Computers for Job Search
• Job Search Tools, Uploading Resumes, Social Media and Job Search
Clients may be able to enter the workshop on the second day if the first day covers material they are already familiar with. Please note that this workshop is not appropriate for those individuals looking for more advanced computer training/instruction.