Reporting to the Executive Director, the Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of the financial systems and reporting for WIL Employment Connections, a not for profit organization that drives innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. WIL Employment Connections is comprised of three incorporated entities: WIL Counselling and Training for Employment, The WIL Skill Centre and WIL Employment and Learning Resources Corporation. WIL Employment Connections also manages several community projects including the Access Centre for Regulated Employment, Immploy, Employment Sector Council and the London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership. The successful applicant will manage the development and compilation of financial and operating reports for all WIL corporations and projects to provide useful, accurate and timely information for use by management, the Board of Directors and funding sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that accounting related procedures are completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations;
- Prepare and present annual budgets for approval by Board of Directors;
- Prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual variance and other required financial reports by approved projects and for the overall organization in a timely and effective manner;
- Oversee and provide regular reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors on fiscal health of organization;
- Prepare all yearly working papers for external auditor and funding sources as required;
- Oversee and complete quality control review of all accounting information ensuring efficient and effective delivery of financial and accounting activities including general ledger, intercompany accounts, payroll, accounts payable and receivable;
- Verify the eligibility of expenses per project contract/agreement and ensure all reporting deadlines are met;
- Oversee collections of revenue;
- Ensure processes and reporting mechanisms are established to support the effective management of cash flow;
- Complete monthly commodity tax forms by required deadlines for both not-for-profit and profit streams of revenue;
- Complete payroll processing, employee benefits and pension information and updates in a timely and effective manner;
- Maintain employee files and contracts in accordance with Employment Standards;
- Maintain strictest confidentiality about all financial matters and records according to accepted professional and legal standards and practices;
- Actively participate in operational and financial planning as an integrated member of the WIL management team;
- Maintain effective lines of communication with Executive Director and Managers; and
- Contribute in a meaningful way to the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Demonstrate experience in financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, payroll and benefits;
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices on resource allocation, budget preparation, financial reporting methods, corporate financial policies and procedures;
- In depth knowledge of financial and tax requirements for not-for-profit organizations;
- Knowledge of and competency in Microsoft, Ceridian Payroll and Sage 300 ERP AccPac software;
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets related to proposals and projects for a variety of funding sources;
- Experience in and knowledge of basic auditing procedures and ability to conduct confidential audits to support fiscal accountability;
- Supervisory, management and performance management skills and experience;
- Ability to work within team environment focused on collaboration, collegiality, problem solving in order to provide best outcomes for organization and the clients it serves;
- Formal post-secondary education in accounting, preferred CPA designation;
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience with increasing level of responsibility;
- Demonstrated understanding of and attention to high degree of accuracy and ability to perform detailed calculations; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the delivery of multiple projects and to work with multiple teams and funding sources.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Accounting Manager
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Accounting Manager in Subject Line.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filed. Salary range for this position is $65,000 – $70,000/year depending on experience.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca