WIL Employment Connections has over 35 years of experience in driving innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. The organization and its partnership projects, including Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy, work together to breakdown barriers relating to job search readiness, professional network access, accurate labour market information, employer engagement and licensure hurdles to connect immigrants with meaningful, timely and commensurate employment across Southwestern Ontario. The successful candidates for the following contractual role will strengthen our collective work as an organization in the shared goal and mission that all immigrants are successfully employed:
Job Posting: Business Analyst (Contract)
Reporting to the IT Project Manager, the Business Analyst will work very closely across all service delivery areas of WIL, including Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy, to map and launch an upgraded design to its customized internal (but commercially supplied) web tracker system from the perspective of efficiency in data capture while assuring data integrity for purposes of organizational decision-making, measurement and outcome reporting.
WIL and its projects recently went through an in-depth assessment of its existing customized web tracker database. The database is used for data collection, client and employment management (from outreach, to employment outcome, to follow-up) and reporting across all programs from three main service delivery units (WIL, Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy). The assessment reviewed tracker’s ability to meet current and future measurement needs of the organization. The assessment revealed that tracker is and will remain our internal database of choice, but requires a strategic investment for an upgrade and an internal IT Governance table to guide decision making on the upgraded tool with input from multiple business and service delivery units of the organization.
WIL is now hiring for a contractual business analyst position through March 31, 2021 to support the IT Project Manager in launching the first phase of this web tracker upgrade and to facilitate and coordinate the internal tracker governance table.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult across multiple teams, business units and projects to map highest priority needs for tracker upgrades;
- Work with IT Project Manager and our product provider to launch, facilitate and coordinate internal IT Governance Table to recommend priorities for web tracker design and upgrades;
- Develop decision making and project reporting matrix through IT Governance table that assures all decisions for action and change on web tracker system are prioritized by IT Governance table;
- Analyze recommendations for change across impact and efficacy on multiple business units and service delivery channels;
- Coordinate with end users to monitor and test tracker upgrades;
- Assure that tracker upgrades include ability to capture and track all data required for service delivery, employer engagement and funding reports;
- Liase with all teams and projects to assure that any data being tracked offline from tracker through excel spreadsheets is eliminated and that upgraded tracker has capacity to meet these data requirements;
- Champion importance of timely and accurate data entry across the organization;
- Facilitate internal communications on tracker upgrades and changes;
- Work with IT Manager and management team to train staff on utilizing upgraded web tracker system; and
- Make recommendations for system improvements for efficiencies in report generation and timely access across multiple teams and business units.
- Completed or working towards degree or diploma as Business Analyst;
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in working across multiple business units and service delivery channels to launch IT system improvements;
- Experience coordinating IT system improvements in consultation with individuals from non-technical backgrounds;
- Technical knowledge or experience with customized database with SQL Server experience an asset;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement and commitment to excellence;
- Analytical problem solving and time-management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical, business and community environments;
- Proficiency in database report writing, queries and exports;
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Access);
- Experience working with not for profit organizations that have multiple funding envelopes an asset; and
- Vulnerable police check is required.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00pm on Monday, July 13, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee / Business Analyst
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/Business Analyst in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.