Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Communication and Outreach Coordinator has responsibility for WIL Employment Connections (WIL) and its partnerships projects (London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council – LMIEC and the Access Centre for Regulated Employment –ACRE) to develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive communications and outreach plan, including but not limited to branding, marketing, advertising, Annual Report and a social media presence. The communication and outreach plan will include both jobseekers and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, outreach, knowledge of technology for strategic and comprehensive communication, a focus on working within community to increase successful employment outcomes for all clients and the ability to position organization and its partnership projects (LMIEC and ACRE) for future growth and opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute the strategic and comprehensive communication and outreach plan for WIL and its partnerships projects;
- Coordinate and develop internal and external marketing materials in collaboration with WIL and partnership project staff;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community (for example, job fairs) on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects;
- Develop, plan and execute Annual Report; and
- Develop, coordinate and monitor social media presence of WIL (website, facebook, twitter, etc.) and collaborate with partnership projects to develop consistent messaging, content and branding at all intersecting points.
- Work within the community to improve employment outcomes of WIL’s clientele through communication strategy;
- Provide strategic oversight and management support for organization to ensure corporate alignment, successful communication and outreach and achievement of strategic plan;
- Act in overall best interest and future of the organization by working with the Executive Director and all staff to achieve the mission and mandate of WIL Employment Connections as established by the Board of Directors;
- Collaborate and work in cooperation with all teams, managers and team leaders at WIL, including WIL initiatives that are operated in partnership with the community including the London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council and the Access Centre for Regulated Employment and related programs and services; and
- Liaison with Information Technology manager to integrate communication and outreach plan with existing and acquired technology.
- Superior skills in verbal, written and visual communication;
- Extensive knowledge of and skills in the use of social media in order to brand and market organization and to communicate information about the same on a continuous basis;
- Practical and applied knowledge related to communication and outreach/marketing, business development, and stakeholder relations;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field;
- 5 years of work experience in related field with proven track record in setting goals and achieving objectives;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Extensive knowledge of London and area labour market;
- Familiarity with related government initiatives and funding;
- Exceptional team building, communication, and supervision skills;
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the support and delivery of multiple projects;
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict fairly;
- Proficient in use of databases, Word processing and publishing, spreadsheet and presentation software;
- Must have use of a car and have a valid Ontario Driver’s license; and
- Must have a recent criminal background check.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume)
no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 to:
Hiring Committee/Communication Outreach Coordinator
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Communication and Outreach Coordinator in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.