Reporting directly to the Building and Administration Manager, the Data Entry and Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing data entry, administrative and customer service support to teams and projects at WIL Employment Connections. The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input client and employer data, activities and outcomes in WIL’s and funder’s case management systems accurately;
- Evaluate data for compliance based on requirements, guidelines, eligibility criteria and policies;
- Liaise with service delivery teams as requested to support the administrative delivery of federal labour market access initiatives delivered by WIL and is projects;
- Support data requests and basic query requests;
- Place reminder calls, confirm appointments, conduct follow-up and support administrative intake of new clients;
- Escalate emerging client data issues to the appropriate staff member, as necessary;
- Gather information from various sources, sort through complex data, identify issues, make corrections, and determine resolution;
- Review physical and electronic registration forms/files for completion and accuracy;
- Maintain logbooks or records of various activities and financials;
- Provide routine administrative and clerical support to service delivery across the organization and its projects;
- Manage electronic and hard copy filing systems in accordance with procedures and retention guidelines;
- Provide information in person, telephone or e-mail to clients and refer to appropriate programs/services;
- Provide occasional Front Desk coverage including all reception desk duties;
- Process general office duties including photocopying, faxing, filing, and shredding; and
- Maintain confidentiality of client and employer data and files.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with related formal training certificate;
- 2+ years direct data entry experience in the service sector;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability for speed and attention to details;
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Well-developed organization, and time management skills;
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet and database platforms;
- Vulnerable Sector clearance;
- Experience entering data in the iCARE database is an asset; and
- Experience creating, testing and running basic queries using MS Access and SQL is an asset.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, August 9, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Data Entry and Administrative Assistant
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/ Full Time Data Entry and Administrative Assistant in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.