Job Posting: Employer Advisor (Newcomer Talent Retention)
Reporting to the Immploy Project Manager, the Immploy Employer Advisor will support the work of the Newcomer Talent Retention Network as a retention specialist. The Newcomer Talent Retention Network will provide London and Southwestern Ontario employers with customized guidance and consultation on retaining immigrants and will test the impact and effectiveness of specific interventions. Project activities will include supporting a network of consultants with various subject matter expertise, support in cultivating baseline research on the retention of newcomers, outreach and engagement of employers to participate in the project, and education/training for employers on inclusive recruitment and retention practices. The Newcomer Talent Retention Network is an initiative of Immploy and managed through WIL Counselling and Training for Employment.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Proven experience with immigrant employment issues and training in unconscious bias, anti-racism and anti-oppression work;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate conversations and training on systemic change;
- Demonstrated experience building strong and long term business relationships;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the delivery of multiple requests including analyzing issues, solving problems and making decisions;
- Well-developed organization, time management and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and uncover employers’ needs to ensure the most effective outcome from immigrant workplace integration development and learning plan goals for individual employers;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement, systemic change and commitment to excellence;
- Understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
- High comfort level with online platforms/social media;
- Vulnerable police check is required (funder requirement);
- Availability to work at the worksite and to have meeting at employer workplaces (in person and/or online);
- Transportation required to workplaces locally and regionally.
- Work collaboratively with teams, colleagues and projects at WIL to engage employers in retaining immigrant talent;
- Coach employers on opportunities to address systemic inequities in recruitment, retention and promotion practices including facilitating conversations surrounding unconscious bias, racism and discrimination;
- Support employers in developing a realistic step by step action plan to strengthen workforce practices in immigrant talent retention;
- Actively connect employers with external consulting resources to address retention gaps and effectively liaise between the company and the retained external consultants;
- Document key transferable skills, company culture and emerging labour market demands of participating companies;
- Develop and deliver online training content on regional newcomer recruitment and retention resources available to support employers in immigrant hiring and retention;
- Promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen organization wide effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for employers and the clients that WIL serves;
- Ensure that monthly reports on activities, statistics and other benchmarks/measurements are provided to the Immploy Project Manager in a timely manner to meet published deadlines, using the required format;
- Support outreach activities;
- Enter data and maintain accurate records in client and employer database.
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- $46,000 – $54,000 annually for a 35 hour work week depending on level of experience.
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee/Employer Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference: Hiring Committee/Employer Advisor in subject Line.
By submitting my job application, I acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment, I will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated status to WIL. In the event that I am unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code or a medical exemption, I must submit appropriate documentation and information, as required.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the organization is presently hiring for a number of roles due to new funding agreements and growth. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.