WIL Employment Connections has over 35 years of experience in driving innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. The organization and its partnership projects, including Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy, work together to breakdown barriers relating to job search readiness, professional network access, accurate labour market information, employer engagement and licensure hurdles to connect immigrants with meaningful, timely and commensurate employment across Southwestern Ontario. The successful candidates for the following role will strengthen our collective work as an organization in the shared goal and mission that all immigrants are successfully employed:
Job Posting: Employment Advisor
Reporting to the Employment Preparation Team Leader, and in partnership with the London Cross Cultural Learner Centre (CCLC), the Employment Advisor is responsible for working with clients individually and / or in group format (in person or virtually) to deliver current job search strategy theory and support services relating to Intake and Referrals, Employment Needs Assessments and Action Plans, Employment Preparation Workshops, Job Matching, Follow up Supports, and Networking events. The successful candidate for this role will primarily work out of the Cross Cultural Learner Centre location with occasional staff and team meeting participation at WIL Employment Connections.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, classroom instruction with objective oriented presentation style, current labour market trends, developing and revising workshop curriculum, and strong knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with individuals and workshop groups of up to 20 individuals, in person or online;
- Facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market information sessions / workshops for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research) by reviewing and editing documents;
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications, interview preparation, and develop and review online profiles (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, blogs etc.) to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities;
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop and implement realistic career and educational goals and achievable employment action plans;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.);
- Contribute to the development of employment related workshops and sessions;
- Organize and host networking events to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the Job Search Workshop program at CCLC and on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects;
- Update and input clients’ information into database and prepare reports (statistical & narrative);
- Create a positive professional environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation; and
- Through collaboration with CCLC and other WIL, Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy colleagues, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for clients.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development or the Social Sciences;
- Facilitation experience and demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education;
- Ability to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in facilitating and engaging audience;
- Experience with various delivery methods, both in class and/or online;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interviews methods, and hiring practices;
- Knowledge of immigrant settlement and employment journeys and integration into labour market;
- Excellent communication skills: Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to “think on your feet”;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, webinar development and social media platforms;
- Respect for client confidentiality;
- Level B vocational assessments qualification considered an asset;
- Common Assessment Training considered an asset; and
- Vulnerable police check in required.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Employment Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Employment Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.