Reporting to the Employment Preparation Team Leader, the Employment Advisor is responsible for working with clients individually and/or in group format (in person or virtually) to deliver current job search strategy theory and support services relating to the relevancy of Social Media practices in a professional capacity and its use as a tool for job search. As part of a team that works with clients from point of entry at WIL Employment Connections (WIL) to employment, the Employment Advisor will deliver solutions based on individual client needs. Above average interpersonal skills ensure that communication across the team is achieved at all times, in the best interest of the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with individuals and workshop groups of up to 20 individuals, in person or online
- Facilitate Social Media and E-Resume workshops for adult job seekers, in person or online
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research) as well as develop and review online profiles (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, skype, blogs etc.)
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop realistic career and educational goals and achievable action plans for social media strategy
- Coach clients on execution of social media initiatives based on individual client needs, including developing personal brand awareness, messaging, connections, marketing, and networking to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities
- Keep up with current social media trends as a tool for enhancing job search and employability
- Create a positive environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation
- Updating and inputting clients’ information into database and reporting (statistical and narrative)
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development, or the Social Sciences
- Experience with social media and online platforms, including but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Skype, with demonstrated online social networking knowledge
- Facilitation and online learning experience with demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques and methods
- Excellent communication skills: listen actively, respond appropriately, and provide feedback
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to “think on your feet”
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation
- Resourceful individual, able to research and implement solutions
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals
- Results-oriented, self-directed individual who takes initiative
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms
Please forward applications no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday August 24, 2015 to:
Hiring Committee/Part Time Employment Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit their applications electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/Part Time Employment Advisor in the Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .