Job Posting: Employment Counsellor
Reporting to the Counselling Team Leader and working within the Counselling Team, the Employment Counsellor will be responsible for assisting clients to move towards successful employment and/or self – employment through the provision of appropriate guidance and advocacy.
The successful candidate will possess demonstrated skills in employment counselling, in both individual and group settings, acquired through post-secondary education/training and experience.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
• Specific knowledge of counselling techniques that address the diverse needs and concerns of immigrants and newcomers, particularly barriers to employment;
• A demonstrated ability to assist clients in the development of a realistic Employment Action Plan;
• A thorough and current knowledge of local resources and services;
• A working knowledge of the current labour market and preferred job search techniques;
• Experience in developing and facilitating group employment counselling workshops for adults;
• Ability to contribute effectively to a team environment;
• An understanding of case management and the ability to utilize advanced computerized data management software;
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
• Post-secondary education or training in Social Sciences/Career Development;
• Demonstrated knowledge and training in Common Assessment techniques preferred;
• A valid driver’s license and/or access to a vehicle; and
• Knowledge of Employment Ontario programs including Second Career is an advantage.
This is a full-time position available immediately.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, July 11, 2014 to:
Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor
WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor in the Subject Line.