Reporting directly to the Employment Preparation Team Leader, the Employment Advisor is responsible for working with clients individually and / or in group format (in person or virtually) to deliver current job search strategy theory and support services relating to Vocational Assessments, Employment Preparation Workshops, and networking events. As part of a team that works with clients from point of entry at WIL Employment Connections (WIL) to employment, the Employment Advisor will deliver solutions based on individual client needs. Above average interpersonal skills ensure that communication across the team is achieved at all times, in the best interest of the clients and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, classroom instruction with objective oriented presentation style, current labour market trends, developing and revising workshop curriculum, and strong knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with individuals and workshop groups of up to 20 individuals, in person or online;
- Facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market information sessions / workshops for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research) by reviewing and editing documents;
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications, interview preparation, and develop and review online profiles (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, blogs etc.) to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities;
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop and implement realistic career and educational goals and achievable employment action plans;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.);
- Contribute to the development of employment related workshops and sessions;
- Organize and host networking events to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects;
- Update and input clients’ information into database and prepare reports (statistical & narrative); and
- Create a positive professional environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development or the Social Sciences;
- Facilitation experience and demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education;
- Ability to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in facilitating and engaging audience;
- Experience with various delivery methods, both in class and/or online;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interviews methods, and hiring practices;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Excellent communication skills: Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to “think on your feet”;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms.;
- Level B vocational assessments qualification considered an asset; and
- Common Assessment Training considered an asset.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 9:00 am on Monday August 13, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Employment Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Employment Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .