Reporting directly to the Employment Preparation Team Leader at WIL Employment Connections (WIL), the Employment Advisor is responsible for working with clients individually and in groups (in person or virtually) to provide just in time support and assistance for resume/application submission or interview preparation ensuring there are no missed opportunities for job seekers. As part of a team that works with clients from point of entry to employment, the Employment Advisor will deliver solutions based on individual client needs. The Employment Advisor will have excellent interpersonal skills to ensure communication across the team is achieved at all times, while serving the best interest of the clients and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
WIL Employment Connections welcomes candidates to apply for this full-time nine month contract position, until March 31, 2018 (with possible extension). The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, coaching, objective oriented presentation style, current labour market trends, and strong knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with individuals in person or online to provide expert advice on resume targeting and interview preparation
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research) by reviewing and editing documents
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications, interview preparation, and develop and review online profiles (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, blogs etc.) to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.)
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects
- Update and input clients’ information into database and prepare reports (statistical and narrative)
- Create a positive professional environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development or the Social Sciences
- Facilitation experience and demonstrated knowledge of the principles of adult education
- Ability to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in assisting participants towards employment success
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interviews methods, and hiring practices
- Experience with various delivery methods, both in class and/or online
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market
- Excellent communication skills: Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms.
- Common Assessment Training considered an asset
- Certified Resume Strategist and/or Certified Interview Strategist considered an asset
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, July 17, 2017 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Employment Advisor – Priority Response
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Employment Advisor – Priority Response in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.