Reporting directly to the Team Lead, The Sales and Marketing Advisor will be responsible for developing, building and maintaining employer relationships and connecting graduates of WIL’s programs with local employers through direct hire or volunteer placement opportunities in positions that are commensurate or related with individuals’ skills, training and qualifications.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, organization, coaching, implementing / revising workshop curriculum, significant knowledge in current labour market trends, and proficient knowledge of technology. Excellent interpersonal skills ensure that communication within and across functional teams is achieved, resulting in optimal client service delivery for both job seekers and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet directly with local employers to determine their recruitment and hiring needs;
- Match the hiring needs of local employers with the employment goals of WIL clients and provide
supports through on-going customer service;
- Educate employers on the variety of hiring and recruitment programs and services available;
- Develop opportunities for employers and WIL clients to network and connect;
- Develop tools and resources for WIL clients and employers;
- Plan, organize and host the delivery of employer briefing sessions, networking events, tours, and job fairs in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Conduct research, gather information, and assist with curriculum development, review and
implementation for workshops and sessions;
- Be a labour market generalist with sufficient knowledge and experience to assist WIL clients with
labour market and companies research to secure employment across a variety of occupations and employment sectors, with focus on Healthcare;
- Be responsible for developing a comprehensive knowledge of WIL clients’ portfolio and job goal;
- Monitor, follow up, and evaluate WIL clients’ progress towards employment;
- Facilitate information sessions / workshops for adult job seekers, in person or online, as required;
- Ensure reporting requirements are met through the collection and input of data, preparation and
submission of monthly statistical, narrative and progress reports, by deadlines;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, online profiles, employment applications, interview preparation ) by reviewing and editing documents, as required; and
- Update case notes and input clients’ information into database.
- Through collaboration with other team members, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for WIL clients and employers;
- Promote and implement initiatives of the organization/projects within and across functional work teams collegially with other Team members, Team Leaders, Coordinators, and Managers;
- Advisory committee member and liaise with partners and stakeholders;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its
partnership projects; and
- Create a positive professional environment to support team members and WIL clients through open
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Minimum Requirements:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development, Social Sciences, or Human Services;
- Sales and Marketing or in house training certificate;
- Minimum 3 years direct sales experience in the service sector;
- Proven track record in setting goals and achieving objectives;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing, and presentation);
- knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interview methods, and hiring practices;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Strong track record of establishing strategic relationships/partnerships;
- Well-developed organization, planning and time management;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, database, and social media platforms;
- Experience in health care industry an asset;
- Proficiency in second language is an asset; and
- Must have the use of a car.
Please forward applications (cover letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, February 12, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Sales and Marketing Advisor – ACO c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Sales and Marketing Advisor – ACO in subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .