Reporting directly to the Client Services Manager, the Team Leader will provide day-to-day supervisory support to a team of Employment Advisors, and continue to provide direct service delivery to job seekers and employers. The Team Leader is responsible for providing direction, coaching, motivation and training to team members to achieve best outcomes possible for WIL Employment Connections (WIL) clients, through strategic planning, monitoring, coordination of workflow and resources, establishing process and procedures, evaluation of services, outreach, and collaboration with other teams/projects. Excellent interpersonal skills ensure that communication within and across functional teams is achieved, resulting in optimal client service delivery for both job seekers and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, organization, planning, supervision, coaching, implementing / revising workshop curriculum, significant knowledge in current labour market trends, and proficient knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Supervision and Reporting:
- Work with Client Services Manager and team to achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets by establishing processes, procedures and evaluations;
- Provide performance management for team members including ongoing day-to-day feedback, coaching, probationary and annual performance evaluation, and team recruitment with direct input/support of Client Services Manager. This will include direct responsibility for team and individual professional development plans and goal setting, training to strengthen skills and monitoring against achievement/objectives; and
- Ensure team reporting requirements are met through the collection and input of data, preparation and submission of monthly statistical, narrative and progress reports, by deadlines.
Client Service Delivery Coordination:
- Oversee day to day operations, prioritizing service and utilizing resources efficiently;
- Oversee curriculum development, review and implementation for workshops and sessions;
- Coordinate and plan the delivery and scheduling of workshops/sessions;
- Oversee the organization of networking events to bring clients and employers together, in
collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach team members on tools for enhancing
- Facilitate information sessions / workshops for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online, as required;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, online profiles, employment applications, interview preparation ) by reviewing and editing documents, as required; and
- Update case notes and input clients’ information into database. Collaboration:
- Through collaboration with other Team Leaders, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for WIL clients;
- Cooperate with other Team Leaders to ensure that client outcomes are achieved with efficiency, based on funder requirements and targets;
- Promote and implement initiatives of the organization/projects within and across functional work teams collegially with other Team Leaders, Coordinators, and Managers;
- Chair advisory committee and liaise with partners and stakeholders;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its
partnership projects; and
- Create a positive professional environment to support team members and WIL clients through open
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Career Development, Social Sciences, or Human Services;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a community-based training environment, project coordination or
- Experience in client service delivery role, preferably in employment service sector;
- Experience with curriculum development, various delivery methods, both in class and/or online;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Knowledge of the Employment and Training sector in London and area;
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process,
interview methods, and hiring practices;
- knowledge of the principles of adult education, group dynamics, and various learning styles;
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical
errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work.
- Experience in health care industry considered an asset
- Proficiency in second language considered an asset
Demonstrated Skills and Qualities:
- Proven effective leadership and supervisory experience in a team based environment, including delegation, follow up, monitoring, reviewing, plan development, and reporting;
- Demonstrated team building skills, and ability to integrate team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong track record of establishing strategic relationships/partnerships with stakeholders;
- Ability to translate strategic directions into operational plans;
- Recognized communication skills: Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Genuine, empathetic and approachable with the ability to coach team members in resolving interpersonal conflict with colleagues;
- Ability to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, database, and social media platforms; and
Please forward applications (cover letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, February 12, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Team Leader – ACO c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Team Leader – ACO in subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca