Immploy connects employers with immigrant talent to foster economic prosperity. Immploy Job Match provides employers across Southwestern Ontario coordinated access to qualified Canadian immigrant talent. Immploy Mentorship programs bring together immigrant talent with volunteer mentors at regional companies. The new Immploy Employer Engagement project will address systemic gaps in employer practices relating to the attraction, recruitment and retention of immigrant talent.
Immploy is a partnership project of WIL Employment Connections, a not for profit organization that drives innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. Through WIL, Immploy is currently inviting applications for the following position:
Job Posting: Immploy Employer Advisor
Reporting to the Immploy Project Manager, the Immploy Employer Advisor will support the work of the Immploy Employer Engagement Project. The Immploy Employer Engagement Project will provide London and Southwestern Ontario employers with the training and supports necessary to hire and retain immigrants and refugees. Project activities will focus on employer consultation and employer education (online and in person) to strengthen immigrant workplace integration in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute employer consultation plan in Southwestern Ontario;
- Hold one-on-one and small group meetings (online or in person) at regional workplaces, business networks and professional associations to identify best practices in and/or barriers to recruiting/hiring and retaining immigrant talent;
- Coach employers on opportunities to address systemic inequities in recruitment and retention practices including facilitating conversations surrounding unconscious bias, racism and discrimination;
- Support employers in developing a realistic step by step action plan to strengthen workforce practices in immigrant talent attraction and retention;
- Document key transferable skills, company culture and emerging labour market demands of participating companies;
- Produce annual report on findings for distribution to immigrant job seekers, employers and community stakeholders;
- Develop and deliver online training content on regional newcomer recruitment and retention resources available to support employers in immigrant hiring and retention;
- Liaise with agencies partners to connect employers and clients to employment opportunities;
- Through collaboration with other WIL, Access Centre for Regulated Employment and Immploy colleagues, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for employers;
- Ensure that monthly reports on employers, client and team activities, statistics and other benchmarks/measurements are provided to the Immploy Project Manager in a timely manner to meet published deadlines, using the required format;
- Support outreach activities;
- Liaise effectively with community and program partners to achieve project objectives; and
- Maintain accurate records in client and employer database.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Minimum Requirements:
- Related post-secondary education;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an in person and online trainer for a business audience;
- Proven experience with immigrant employment issues;
- Training in unconscious bias, anti-racisim and anti-oppression work;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate conversations and training on systemic change;
- Ability to write, design, implement, facilitate and/or conduct training delivery of online or face-to-face course material from entry level to advanced;
- Demonstrated experience building strong and long term business relationships;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the delivery of multiple requests including analyzing issues, solving problems and making decisions;
- Well developed organization, time management and planning skills;
- Ability to research labour market information and assessment tools;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and uncover employers’ needs to ensure the most effective outcome from immigrant workplace integration development and learning plan goals for individual employers;
- Thorough knowledge and practice of social media techniques for optimal success is an asset;
- Community-minded individual with well developed networking skills including the ability to create, develop/maintain and build relationships with funders, other community groups, and regional/national employers;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement and commitment to excellence;
- Highly developed understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
- Proficiency in database report writing, queries and exports;
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Access);
- Must have access to a vehicle for remote meetings; and
- Vulnerable police check is required.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00pm on Monday, July 13, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee / Immploy Employer Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Hiring Committee/Immploy Employer Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.