Reporting to the Immploy Project Manager and operating in coordination with the overall suite of Immploy programs, the Immploy Job Match Advisor is responsible for screening, matching and marketing job ready immigrant candidates to commensurate employment opportunities in Southwestern Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and inventory of education, skills, experience and job target of immigrant job seeker participants in Immploy Job Match;
- Screen and assess immigrant job seekers for job-readiness;
- Short-list, match and market immigrant job seekers to unfilled job opportunities and hiring needs of regional employers;
- Liaise with community partners to facilitate connections between employers and immigrant talent;
- Provide accurate and timely information in response to inquiries from employers, community partners and immigrant job seekers;
- Connect online with employers and immigrant talent to deliver program services through video conferencing and social media as required;
- Prepare direct marketing packages to regional employers to market the resumes of immigrant job seekers registered with the program;
- Research regional labour markets and regional employers as required to market skill sets of immigrant job seekers;
- Liaise with, outreach to and present before Immploy partners to increase job seeker and job order referrals;
- Provide immigrant job seekers and employers with timely referrals to additional support services in the community and region including coordinated connections to Employment Ontario and settlement providers as required;
- Support immigrant job seeker clients with interview coaching and job offer evaluation;
- Conduct in person meetings and presentations to regional employers and immigrant job seekers;
- Participate in Immploy outreach events and activities;
- Record, track and follow-up on all job orders and employment outcomes within a case management software platform;
- Ensure that all program outcomes are captured and reported to Immploy Project Manager in a timely fashion for funders and stakeholders.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Experience in the employment and training sector or recruitment industry including experience with job search methods in online environments preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of employer hiring requirements and the regional labour market;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong customer service skills including an ability to handle inquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner;
- Proven track record of setting goals and achieving objectives;
- Clear understanding of the barriers to employment faced by immigrants in Canada;
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of all client and employer information and databases;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Self-starter with excellent organization, planning and time management skills to achieve goals with ability to collaborate as part of an integrated team;
- Proficient in the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software; and
- Experience working within databases to enter, maintain, track and record client data.
- Vulnerable Police Check is required
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, August 3, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Immploy Job Match Advisor c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Hiring Committee/Immploy Job Match Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections and Immploy, please visit our websites at www.WIL.ca and www.immploy.ca.