Immploy connects employers with immigrant talent to foster economic prosperity. The Immploy Mentorship program brings together immigrant job seekers with local mentors in their field to gain a better understanding of the regional job market; establish valuable networking contacts; and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
Immploy is a partnership project of WIL Employment Connections, a not for profit organization that drives innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. Through WIL, the Immploy Mentorship program is currently inviting applications for a contractual full time position for the following role:
Job Posting: Immploy Mentorship Advisor
Reporting to the Immploy Mentorship Team Lead and operating in coordination with the overall suite of Immploy programs, the Immploy Mentorship Advisor will work with immigrant clients of partner agencies (mentee job seekers) to facilitate connections to occupation-specific business leaders (mentors) currently working in their field. The Immploy Mentorship Advisor will support both in person and virtual one-to-one mentoring matches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orient referred mentees and volunteer mentors to the mentorship programs (in person and virtual);
- Identify and make matches between mentors and mentees;
- Market the program to employers, mentors, community partners and immigrant job seekers in Southwestern Ontario;
- Work effectively as the liaison between mentees and mentors before, throughout and at conclusion of the mentorship match;
- Record, track and follow-up on all matches including employment outcomes of mentees within a case management software platform;
- Provide accurate and timely information in response to inquiries from employers, mentors, community partners and immigrant job seekers;
- Support the Immploy Mentorship Team Lead in developing and maintaining a comprehensive inventory of the education, skills and experiences of participating mentees;
- Support the Immploy Mentorship Team Lead in screening referred internationally trained individuals and international student graduates for job-readiness, program eligibility and program participation readiness;
- Prepare unmatched mentee lists and profiles for electronic distribution, website posting and social media marketing;
- Provide support in the delivery of group mentoring events and activities in partnership with the larger Immploy team;
- Provide suggestions and ideas to the Immploy Mentorship Team Lead to support continuous improvement of overall suite of Immploy Mentorship programs;
- Provide support to Immploy Mentorship Team Lead in completing monthly, quarterly, status and year-end reports for funders;
- Actively work in collaboration with all WIL, Immploy and Access Centre for Regulated Employment initiatives to bring immigrants and employers together.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Experience in the employment and training sector or recruitment industry;
- Advanced technology skills including experience with online learning platforms, online conferencing/meeting platforms and utilization of social media as a networking and marketing tool;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong customer service skills including an ability to handle inquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner;
- Knowledge of the labour market in Southwestern Ontario;
- Clear understanding of the barriers to employment faced by immigrants in Canada;
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Understanding of the needs of local employers, and ability to market Immploy and its programs as solutions to their talent attraction and professional development needs;
- Self-starter with excellent organization, planning and time management skills to achieve goals with ability to collaborate as part of an integrated team;
- Proficient in the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software;
- Experience working within databases to enter, maintain, track and record client data;
- Openness to change and continuous improvement;
- Must have access to a vehicle for remote meetings; and
- Vulnerable Police Check is required.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday July 13, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee / Mentorship Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/Mentorship Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.