Immploy connects employers with immigrant talent to foster economic prosperity. The Immploy Mentorship program brings together immigrant job seekers with local mentors in their field to gain a better understanding of the regional job market; establish valuable networking contacts; and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
Immploy is a partnership project of WIL Employment Connections, a not for profit organization that drives innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. Through WIL, the Immploy Mentorship program is currently inviting applications for a nine month contract to March 31, 2018 (with possible extension) for the following full-time position:
Immploy Virtual Mentorship Advisor
Reporting to the Immploy Mentorship Program Coordinator and operating in coordination with the overall suite of Immploy programs, the Immploy Virtual Mentorship Advisor will develop and grow the program to include facilitation, delivery and support of online matches between harder-to-match mentors and mentees that reside in different geographic locations across Southwestern Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a process for online matches between mentors and mentees;
- Orient referred mentees and volunteer mentors to the online mentorship program;
- Identify and make online matches between mentors and mentees;
- Market the program to employers, mentors, community partners and immigrant job seekers in Southwestern Ontario;
- Work effectively as the liaison between online mentees and online mentors before, throughout and at conclusion of the online mentorship match;
- Record, track and follow-up on all matches including employment outcomes of mentees within a case management software platform;
- Provide accurate and timely information in response to inquiries from employers, mentors, community partners and immigrant job seekers;
- Support the Immploy Mentorship Program Coordinator in developing and maintaining a comprehensive inventory of the education, skills and experiences of participating mentees;
- Support the Immploy Mentorship Program Coordinator in screening referred internationally trained individuals and international student graduates for job-readiness, program eligibility and program participation readiness; and
- Support the Immploy Team in the integration of additional services for employers and immigrant job seekers into online delivery environments and platforms.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Experience in the employment and training sector or recruitment industry including experience with job search methods in online environments preferred;
- Advanced technology skills including experience with online learning platforms, online conferencing/meeting platforms and utilization of social media as a networking and marketing tool;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong customer service skills including an ability to handle inquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner;
- Knowledge of the labour market in Southwestern Ontario;
- Clear understanding of the barriers to employment faced by immigrants in Canada;
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Understanding of the needs of local employers, and ability to market Immploy and its programs as solutions to their talent attraction and professional development needs;
- Self-starter with excellent organization, planning and time management skills to achieve goals with ability to collaborate as part of an integrated team;
- Proficient in the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software; and
- Experience working within databases to enter, maintain, track and record client data.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, July 17, 2017 to:
Hiring Committee / Mentorship Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Hiring Committee/Mentorship Advisor in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Immploy, please visit our website: www.immploy.ca.