Job Posting: IT and Admin Support
Reporting to the IT Project Manager and the Executive Director, the IT and Admin support position will be responsible for general end user IT support, detailed work with custom database software and the collection and reporting of data. As a member of the Administration team, this position is also responsible for providing administrative / clerical support and first point of contact with clients and partners at WIL Employment Connections (WIL).
Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Technical Support: Assist with monitoring and maintaining the computer systems including:
• Install and configure end user software and updates;
• Diagnose hardware and software issues and solve technical applications;
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to resolve issues; and
• Assist IT Manager with the system upgrades and implementation of new functionality.
Data Queries & Reports: Provide staff with accurate data required for various duties in a timely and efficient manner, including:
• Creating, design, testing and implementing standard and complex queries using MS Access and SQL;
• Liaise with management team to determine data requirement for reports and extract data as needed;
• Develop spreadsheets when necessary to manipulate data;
• Support with managing information request process; and
• Assist management team in identifying and producing reports and queries necessary including the creation and revision of custom reports, and identification of data entry requirements for staff.
Admin Support: As required provide support to staff of WIL and front desk coverage including:
• Day-to-day operations related to frontline communication/reception;
• Support to clients, including but not limited to answering questions, providing information, referrals and administrative support;
• Assisting other team members with administrative and clerical duties as required;
• Maintaining all company and client information in strict confidence and retaining files according to accepted professional practices; and
• Conducting business in a professional manner and projecting a positive, appropriate and professional image of the organization.
• Completed or working towards degree or a Diploma in Information Systems Management;
• Highly developed understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
• Proficiency in database report writing, queries and exports;
• Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Access);
• Technical knowledge or experience with customized database; SQL Server experience an asset;
• Analytical problem solving and time-management skills;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and meet deadlines;
• Ability to communicate effectively in technical, business and community environments;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Committed attention to detail;
• Ability to work well within a team environment;
• Respect for client confidentiality;
• Experience operating a multi-line switchboard and excellent customer service skills to handle both telephone and face to face inquiries; and
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00pm on Monday, December 5, 2016 to:
Hiring Committee / IT and Admin Support
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Hiring Committee / IT and Admin in the Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .