Reporting directly to Client Services Manager, the Employment Advisor – Networking is responsible for working with clients and employers either individually and / or in group format (in person or virtually) to engage them through various activities including, networking events, information interviews, short term placements, shadowing, touring of facilities, and others based on needs of participants. As part of a team that works with clients from point of entry at WIL Employment Connections (WIL) to employment, the Advisor will create opportunities to reduce job seekers’ “lack of Canadian experience and connections” while connecting with local employers for their talent needs. Above average interpersonal skills ensure that communication across the team is achieved at all times, in the best interest of the clients and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
WIL Employment Connections welcomes candidates to apply for this part time (20 hours) contract position to March 31, 2018 (with possible extension). The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, objective oriented presentation style, relationship development, current labour market trends and recruitment process, events planning, and strong knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet directly with local employers to determine their recruitment/hiring needs and to educate them about the variety of hiring and recruitment programs and services available to them;
- Match the hiring needs of local employers and the employment goals of WIL clients;
- In collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Team, cultivate volunteer work placement opportunities to enhance WIL clients’ labour market integration;
- Connect WIL clients with local employers in positions that are commensurate with individuals’ skills, training and qualifications;
- Support employers in their hiring choice(s) through on-going customer service;
- Market several community-based projects sponsored by WIL, including the Access Centre for Regulated Employment (ACRE) and the Immploy;
- Develop opportunities to engage employers and job seekers with the goal of making connections;
- Organize and host networking events to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects;
- Build rapport with individuals and groups to facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market sessions for adult job seekers, in person or online;
- Career and labour market information sessions for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, correspondence) by reviewing and editing documents;
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications, interview preparation, and develop and review online profiles (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, blogs etc.) to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities;
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop and implement realistic career and educational goals and achievable employment action plans;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.);
- Update and input clients’ information into database and prepare reports (statistical and narrative);
- Create a positive professional environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Sales and Marketing training with experience in human resources or recruitment;
- Event planning or project delivery experience;
- 2+ years direct sales experience in the service sector with a proven track record in setting goals and achieving objectives;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interviews methods, and hiring practices;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Ability to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in facilitating and engaging audience;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Well-developed organization, planning and time management skills;
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms;
- Must have the use of a car.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, September 18, 2017 to:
Hiring Committee / Part Time Employment Advisor – Networking
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Part Time Employment Advisor Networking in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all
individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.