Job Posting: Full Time Team Leader – Employment Counselling
WIL Employment Connections is looking to add a motivational Counsellor to lead a team of experienced counsellors who provide direct service delivery to job seekers to meet their employment objectives.
The successful candidate would prioritize coordination of day-to-day activities, while coaching and motivating job seekers to achieve meaningful employment.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have Post-secondary education, preferably in Counselling /Career Development (or equivalent);
- You have experience in leading and supervising a team;
- You have experience in client service delivery role, preferably in employment service sector;
- You have knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- You have knowledge of the employment and training sector in Southwestern Ontario;
- You have knowledge of employment counselling models, labour market trends, and hiring practices;
- You are flexible and able to deal with competing priorities in a changing environment;
- You are genuine, empathetic, approachable and collaborative;
- You are ability to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations; and
- You have strong technical skills/proficient with MS office, internet, database, and social media platforms.
- Assist and provide guidance to team members;
- Achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets;
- Provide performance management for team members;
- Monitor case files, and assure integrity of data collection;
- Follow processes and implement procedures;
- Serve clients and coordinate day-to-day activities;
- Determine employment goals, identify barriers, and create employment action plans;
- Advocate for clients and refer to community programs/services;
- Case manage clients’ employment journeys; motivate and engage job seekers for employment success;
- Support clients with resumes, and interview preparation;
- Promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation;
- Implement initiatives of the organization/projects;
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with community partners; and
- Create a positive professional environment.
- Salary range of $48,000 to $52,000 for 35 hour work week;
- Passionate and committed co-workers with a meaningful social purpose;
- Health and dental benefits, employee assistance program and pension program with organization contribution;
- Professional development opportunities; and
- Generous paid vacation and sick time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 7th to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Team Leader – Counselling
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Team Leader – Counselling in subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the organization has very detailed health and safety measures in place and this role does require ability to deliver services both in person at the worksite and virtually.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca