Reporting directly to Employment Counselling Team Lead, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing the employment counselling team with administrative, customer service and data entry support.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, commitment to quality and strong computer and data entry skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review physical and electronic registration forms/files for completion and accuracy;
- Evaluate data for compliance based on requirements, guidelines and policies;
- Gather information from various sources, sort through complex data, identify issues, make corrections, and determine resolution;
- Input client and employer data and activities in WIL’s and funder’s case management systems accurately;
- Escalates emerging client data issues to the appropriate staff member, as necessary;
- Maintain logbooks or records of various activities and financials;
- Provide routine administrative and clerical support to a team of 5 employment counsellors;
- Manage electronic and hard copy filing systems in accordance with procedures and retention guidelines;
- Provide information in person, telephone or e-mail to clients and refer to appropriate programs/services;
- Process intake, schedule appointments, conduct follow up and reminder calls;
- Provide occasional Front Desk coverage including all reception desk duties;
- Process general office duties including photocopying, faxing, filing, and shredding; and
- Manage confidentiality of clients and employers data and files.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with related formal training certificate;
- 2+ years direct data entry experience in the service sector;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability for speed and attention to details;
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Well-developed organization, multitasking and time management skills;
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals; and
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, May 4, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Administrative Assistant
c/o WIL Employment Connections 141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/ Full Time Administrative Assistant in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .