Job Posting: Employment Counsellor (Full-Time)
WIL Employment Connections is looking to add a motivational Counsellor to a team of experienced counsellors who provide direct service delivery to job seekers to meet their employment objectives. The successful candidate would coach and motivate job seekers to achieve meaningful employment, connect with available resources and access available supports.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have Post-secondary education, preferably in Counselling/Career Development (or equivalent);
- You have experience in client service delivery roles, preferably in the employment service sector;
- You have knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- You have knowledge of the employment and training sector in Southwestern Ontario;
- You have knowledge of employment counselling models, labour market trends, and hiring practices;
- You are flexible and able to deal with competing priorities in a changing environment;
- You are genuine, empathetic, approachable and collaborative;
- You are able to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations;
- You are able to effectively function in both in person and virtual environments; and
- You have strong technical skills/proficient with MS office, internet, database, and social media platforms.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Work with clients to determine employment goals, identify barriers, and create employment action plans;
- Advocate for clients and refer to community programs/services;
- Case manage clients’ employment journeys; motivate and engage job seekers for employment success;
- Monitor case files, and assure integrity of data collection;
- Achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets;
- Follow processes and implement procedures;
- Support clients with resumes, and interview preparation;
- Promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation;
- Implement initiatives of the organization/projects;
- Support organizational outreach including offsite counselling meetings as requested;
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with community partners; and
- Sustain an inclusive and professional environment.
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- $46,000 – $54,000 annually for a 35 hour work week depending on level of experience
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference: Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor in subject Line.
By submitting my job application, I acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment, I will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated status to WIL. In the event that I am unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code or a medical exemption, I must submit appropriate documentation and information, as required.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the organization is presently hiring for a number of roles due to new funding agreements and growth. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.