Job Posting: Project Coordinator
(Newcomer Talent Retention Network)
Reporting to the Immploy Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will lead the work of the Newcomer Talent Retention Network. The Newcomer Talent Retention Network will provide London and Southwestern Ontario employers with guidance and consultation on retaining newcomer staff and will test the impact and effectiveness of specific interventions. Project activities will include coordinating a network of consultants with various subject matter expertise, designing and implementing a strategy to cultivate baseline research on the retention of newcomers and leading the development of an online platform that will facilitate the development of action plans and access to expert consultation for employers.
WHO ARE YOU?
- A minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating and leading project work;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, design, test, implement and evaluate various projects;
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and communicate project outcomes to both technical professionals, colleagues and community partners;
- Proven experience with immigrant employment issues, unconscious bias, anti-racism and anti-oppression work;
- Proven ability to pivot and modify project plans according to new learnings or developments;
- Demonstrated experience building strong and long term business relationships;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the delivery of multiple requests including analyzing issues, solving problems and making decisions;
- Well-developed organization, time management and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and uncover employers’ needs to ensure the most effective outcome from immigrant workplace integration development and learning plan goals for individual employers;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement, systemic change and commitment to excellence;
- Understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
- High comfort level with online and social media platforms;
- Vulnerable police check is required (funder requirement);
- Availability to work at the workplace and to meet with employers at their workplace;
- Transportation required to worksites locally and regionally.
- Develop and implement a work plan for the Talent Retention Network Project including information gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and evaluation;
- Coordinate the support the Newcomer Talent Retention Network and its Advisory members;
- Liaise with an external technical contractor to design and develop an online platform to facilitate employer-focused talent retention action plans and access to specialist consultant;
- Oversee and manage a project budget in collaboration with Immploy Project Manager;
- Work collaboratively with all organizational teams and projects to engage employers in programs and services;
- Coach employers on opportunities to address systemic inequities in retention and promotion practices including facilitating conversations surrounding unconscious bias, racism and discrimination;
- Support employers in developing a realistic step by step action plan to strengthen workforce practices in immigrant talent attraction and retention;
- Actively connect employers with external consulting resources to address retention gaps and effectively liaise between the company and the retained external consultants;
- Ensure that monthly qualitative and quantitative reports on activities, statistics and other benchmarks/measurements are provided to the Immploy Project Manager in a timely manner to meet published deadlines, using the required format;
- Support outreach activities;
- Liaise effectively with community and program partners to achieve project objectives; and
- Enter data on activities and maintain accurate records in client and employer database.
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- $51,000 – $61,000 annually for a 35 hour work week depending on level of experience
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee/Project Coordinator
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference: Hiring Committee/Project Coordinator in subject Line.
By submitting my job application, I acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment, I will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated status to WIL. In the event that I am unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code or a medical exemption, I must submit appropriate documentation and information, as required.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the organization is presently hiring for a number of roles due to new funding agreements and growth. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.