Job Posting: Projects Manager (Part Time)
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. WIL Employment Connections is seeking to create a new role of Projects Manager to support cross organizational initiatives that connect job seekers with training leading to certification, licensure and meaningful employment in specific sectors and occupations. The successful candidate would begin by leading an initiative bridging newcomers to roles in the supply chain sector across London and Southwestern Ontario while also working in partnership with the management team to identify and prospectively lead additional occupational and sectoral-based initiatives in the future. This role would begin as a part time role with opportunity to grow to a full time role in the future as additional skills-based portfolios are added.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have demonstrated experience in project management with ability to effectively support initiatives for both job seekers in search of meaningful employment/career advancement and employers seeking talent.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the employment and training sector with awareness of the skills and barriers to labour market entry for immigrants.
- You have the capacity to work in relationship with multiple programs and services across the organization: maintaining a big picture project plan while handling the many administrative details of effective project delivery and reporting.
- You are able to develop, manage and implement a work plan including information gathering, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- You are able to work with staff that directly report into you and also in partnership with staff reporting into other project managers and managers for seamless, timely, coordinated and collaborative project delivery and execution.
- You are able to work on a continuous intake model and multi-task multiple components of a project and program for delivery simultaneously.
- You are able to partner internally across an organization and its several projects, and externally with multiple community program partners to achieve project goals, continuously improve and plan for the future.
- You are available to work in a safe, welcoming and inclusive office environment.
- You are a skilled verbal and written communicator with strong qualitative and quantitative report writing skills and proposal writing abilities.
- You have access to transportation for off site project meetings as required.
- You are able to receive a vulnerable sector police clearance. (Funder requirement)
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals;
- Health, dental vision, employee assistance and pension program for part time hires working over 20 hours per week;
- Salary range of $35-$41 hourly depending on experience;
- A team environment that celebrates leadership and innovation;
- Professional development opportunities; and
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee/Projects Manager
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference: Hiring Committee/Projects Manager in subject Line.
By submitting my job application, I acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment, I will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated status to WIL. In the event that I am unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code or a medical exemption, I must submit appropriate documentation and information, as required.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the organization is presently hiring for a number of roles due to new funding agreements and growth. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.